The Teaching School Hub programme
This is designed centrally by the DfE and tailored by the Teaching School Hubs, working with National Partners. Broadly, the key functions are:
- Initial Teacher Training: either as an accredited body which can recommend trainees for QTS (a SCITT), as a lead school, or mutually agreed alternative approach of equivalent impact.
- Appropriate Body: ensure Early Career Teachers have access to appropriate support and training, and manage their assessment and support as required
- Support the rollout of the Early Career Framework by acting as a delivery partner for an ECF lead provider.
- Signpost and facilitate EEF-endorsed programmes, in partnership with Kingsbridge Research School.
- Signpost, facilitate, and deliver DfE-approved CPD in line with the Department's Standard for Teachers' Professional Development.
- Supporting the rollout of the new National Professional Qualifications by acting as a delivery partner for an NPQ lead provider.
To find out more about Teaching School Hubs visit the DfE website