In this section you can find out about the new national Early Career Framework.
Follow the links in the orange box on the right, to find out how to register your ECT with OneCornwall
Early Career Framework
The offer for early career teachers includes:
- 2 years of new, funded, high quality training freely available
- additional funding for 5% time away from the classroom for teachers in their second year
- a dedicated mentor and support for these mentors
- funding to cover mentors’ time with the ECT in the second year of teaching
- appropriate bodies will have a role in ensuring that a suitable ECF-based programme of support is in place.
Schools are expected to deliver an induction period that is underpinned by the ECF
There are 3 approaches that schools can choose from to enable the delivery of an ECF based induction.
A funded provider led programme (FIP: Full Induction Programme) *
Schools deliver their own training using the DfE accredited materials and resources (CIP: Core Induction Programme).
- Schools design & deliver their own ECF based induction (School Based programme)
Register your ECT with OneCornwall here
Would you like to be an Early Career Framework Facilitator?
We will be recruiting for facilitators to begin in September 2024. More details will be posted shortly. If you have any questions regarding the role, please contact email@example.com