Your Choices for ECF Delivery
Schools are expected to deliver an induction period that is underpinned by the ECF.
There are 3 approaches that schools can choose from to enable the delivery of an ECF based induction:
- A funded provider led programme (FIP: Full Induction Programme) *
- Schools deliver their own training using the DfE accredited materials and resources (CIP: Core Induction Programme)
- Schools design & deliver their own ECF based induction (DIY)
Next steps for schools
- Choose the type of ECF programme that you wish to offer your ECT (FIP* CIP, DIY)
- Inform the DfE of your choice of programme type through their portal*
- Get in touch with OneCornwall if signing up for FIP through our identified national provider
- Register your ECT with an Appropriate Body
* the DfE have produced a 'walk through video' of their ECF schools registration portal. You can access this video below.
Details of our OneCornwall ECF programme in partnership with Teach First can be found here.
- OneCornwall will be acting as an Appropriate Body
- From September 2021 only Teaching School Hubs and LA’s can act as Appropriate Body
- OneCornwall is delighted to continue the already well-established and quality assured services
Details of our OneCornwall Appropriate Body services can be found here