Role of TSH's in the delivery of CPD
Role of teaching school hubs TSH will be funded to promote and deliver other high-quality evidence-based CPD that focuses on developing quality teaching across the hub area. TSH should ensure that any CPD delivered directly supports the improvement of teacher quality (e.g. fostering knowledge of pedagogical practice or subject expertise) and is complementary to ITT, ECF and NPQs.
Meeting the Standards for Teachers’ Professional Development
TSH should also ensure that CPD is underpinned by and meets the Standard for Teachers’ Professional Development.
- 1. Professional development should have a focus on improving and evaluating pupil outcomes.
- 2. Professional development should be underpinned by robust evidence and expertise.
- 3. Professional development should include collaboration and expert challenge.
- 4. Professional development programmes should be sustained over time.
And all this is underpinned by, and requires that:
- 5. Professional development must be prioritised by school leadership
OneCornwall will be working with our parters across the region to ensure that the CPD we offer meets the CPD standards and does not duplicate or conflict with other DfE CPD, such as courses offered by:
- Curriculum hubs (e.g. English, maths computing & behaviour hubs).
- Research Schools
- DfE accredited programmes
We have been working collaboratively across Cornwall for a number of years, and we will continue signpost colleagues to the most appropriate provision to meet their needs.
You can find information about the nationally designated Curriculum Hub offers here
Where local needs are identified and support does not already exist the TSH will look to commission, design and deliver appropriate provision to meet local needs.
We look forward to sharing our CPD offer with you soon.